Music Video Saturday - 06/25/2011

In honor of one my most missed childhood traditions, I present theme songs from 1980's era Saturday morning cartoons. I spent almost every Saturday of childhood watching cartoons and then playing Nintendo games. It was the life I tell you. So please sit back and enjoy this little bit of nostalgia.



The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are one of my favorite franchises. They also have been extremely profitable since they first ninja'd there way across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (First Classics)). The cartoon is far more comedic and upbeat than the comics by far. No outright death scenes, swearing, or drug references.



This is more than meets the eye.



Like Eminem says on Just Don't Give A Fuck [Explicit], "I'll form like Voltron and blast you with my soda missiles."



Unlike cartoons today, the cartoons of the 80's and early 90's at least ended with a message. The above is a collection of some of the best public service announcements from G.I. Joe. Snake-eyes was always the coolest. I wanted to be him. Look:GI Joe Movie 12in Ninja Snake Eyes Figure. Twelve inches?! That's not fair!

Finally, the classic school drama showcasing all the troubles of being a teen. It also launched quite a few Hollywood careers. This is a fan favorite for anyone that grew up watching it. I am so thankful I no longer deal with being in high school.



I hope you enjoyed this week's Music Video Saturday. Please post any comments, criticisms, or trolls below. Thanks and have a good weekend!